REIGNING York Minster Engineering Football League premier division champions Old Malton St Mary’s underlined their title credentials yet again.

They took their season’s start to four straight wins after an impressive 8-2 demolition of Easingwold in an early signal to capture a third title in the last four years.

It was the underdogs who took the lead however, when Brandon Carrick latched on to Dean Readman’s wayward back pass to fire home.

But this merely ruffled Old Malton’s feathers, and the leaders quickly hit back when Callum Scott tapped in Jack Riley’s low cross.

In-form winger Dean Nuttall then smashed home a blockbuster from 30 yards before a glorious volley from Marcus Godsell and a Darren Dunning penalty made it 4-1 to Malton at the break.

After the restart, player-manager Dunning, Nuttall and Scott helped themselves to further goals before Danny Fogg put the icing on the cake with Malton’s eighth from 25 yards.

Simon Webster grabbed a second for Easingwold late in the game.

Goals were also the order of the day at Harrison’s Signs, where the hosts squandered a 4-2 lead before going down 5-4 to Riccall United.

Ben Ballantyne, Neil Richardson (2) and Warren Lowe found the net for the home side before Tom Littlewood (3), Wayne Brook and Dave Heron combined to ensure that the points went to Riccall.

Church Fenton White Horse and Tadcaster Magnets continued their impressive 100 per cent starts with victories at Huntington and York RI respectively.

White Horse scraped home thanks to an unstoppable Jonah Beecher strike.

Scott Nicholas, Robert McDermid and Adam Field hit the target for Magnets in a 3-1 victory at RI. The hosts’ consolation came from Craig McShane.

Poppleton perished 7-0 to a rampant Dunnington side. Scott Sullivan bagged a hat-trick and Josh Hutchinson a brace while Jimmy Wilmoth and Johnny Andrews also found the net.

Wigginton Grasshoppers found themselves ahead through a Luke Roberts penalty after Cop keeper Ben Sheehan was dismissed for felling Mike Byram.

John Patrick’s low drive levelled after the break, but Wigginton went ahead with a stunning 20-yard drive from Matthew Tiplady.

Despite long spells of pressure from ten-man Cop, Jamie Willstrop hit a late Wiggy strike.