Scarborough chip pan fire

First published in News

TWO people were taken to hospital after a chip pan fire in a top floor Scarborough flat.

The 52-year-old occupier tried to fight the fire when he returned to the flat and found the blaze had started, but was unable to control it and had to be treated by paramedics who took him to hospital.

The owner of the flat suffered from shock when he was told about the fire and was also taken to hospital for a precautionary check.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree