TICKETS are now on sale for this year’s relaunched Malton Show.
The show, on the new earlier date of Sunday, June 29, has a number of new attractions with organisers aiming to make it a great value day out for families.
Those planning to visit the show can also save money by buying in advance from Ryedale shops.
Show chairman Michael Cleary said: “We’ve worked hard to make the show better than ever this year. We think will be a brilliant day at a local show with all the traditional attractions and plenty of new ones.”
“We wanted to make Malton Show a great value affordable day out for local families.
“So children 11 and under get in free, and we have launched discount advance tickets, on sale now in both Malton and Pickering.”
As well as the traditional livestock competitions, the show organisers have lined up new family attractions all be included in the ticket price.
The popular MSI Moto Stunt motorbike display team will be back by popular demand, with two main ring shows.
Other attractions include:
- Children’s showground trail run by the show’s nominated charity Ryedale Special Families, as well as kids races and games
- Fun dog show, run by Ryedale Dog Rescue, with on-the-day entries
- All new layout to help visitors and exhibitors get around the showground and see the attractions
- A “clear round” showjumping competition in a special ring going on all day, and an evening showjumping competition in the main ring.
- Tug o’ war between local pubs, clubs and businesses, with free entry on the day, plus a special kids tug o’ war competition.
- Malton and Norton Traders’ Tent especially for local businesses
The show’s commitment to promoting top quality local agriculture continues in 2014 with the launch of the Regional Sheep Breeders Championship, run in conjunction with Driffield, Ryedale and Thornton le Dale shows.
This year’s show president David Prest, whose family have farmed at Fryton in Ryedale for almost 100 years, is taking on the role after more than 50 years involvement in Malton Show as a steward and committee member.
Tickets cost £10 for adults, £5 for 12- 16s, and £7 for OAPs; or £8 for adults, £4 for 12s-16s, and and £6 for OAPs in advance from R Yates in Malton, or the NFU office in Pickering.
The show is on Sunday, June 29 at Scampston Park. There will be free parking on site and free buses from Malton and Norton.
For more information visit maltonshow.com or Facebook.com/MaltonShow, or follow @MaltonShow on Twitter.