TOM WALSH scored a second-half hat-trick as Brooklyn Under-15s got back to winning ways in style in York Minor League division one with an 8-2 victory at Tockwith.

The result cut the gap to the leaders to one point. Brooklyn, against the wind, fell a goal down but Oliver Farrow levelled, the ball going in off his shin with the keeper only able to help it home.

A good diagonal pass from Luke Balderson saw Luke Scott fire in across the keeper, and Scott got a second from a Farrow corner flicked on by Joe Tetlow. Tockwith made it 3-2 with a wind-assisted goal but the second half was all Brooklyn.

A powerful low 25-yarder from Walsh opened the floodgates and goal followed from Jake Robinson, with a header from a Tom Richardson corner, Balderson, and Walsh, who added two more, the second created by James Allan and Scott.

Kirkbymoorside U16s won 5-3 at West Pier in the Scarborough & District Minor League, with Jack Simpson (2), Ryan Mintoft (2) and Keelan Simpson on target, while, in the York league, Kirkbymoorside U15s drew 4-4 with Wigginton, Lucas Davison (2), Alex Lilley and Jonny Ridler the scorers.

Heslerton U15 girls picked up their first point of the season against Cayton U15s girls in an even contest - denied victory only by a late goal.

Keeper Flo McMannus’ kick sent Jade Greenwell through to fire Heslerton ahead, and girl-of-the-game Greenwell broke free to net her second.

Cayton replied just before half-time and the late leveller came as Heslerton were appealing for offside.

Nadine Woodhead impressed in midfield for Hessy.

Hard-working midfielder Connor Biggins was named man of the match as Old Malton St Mary’s U11s beat Heworth 7-0 in arguably their best show of the York & Ryedale Mitchell League season.

A very impressive first half, with neat passing creating chance after chance, earned Old Malton a 4-0 lead, with goals from Jack Mudd-Bowes, with an unstoppable 25-yarder, Nathan Dolphin, Josh Mann and Charlie Thompson, with a firm header from Dolphin’s quality corner.

Second-half goals followed from Dolphin, Mudd-Bowes and Mann.

Unbeaten division two leaders Brooklyn U11s Lions beat a hard-working Dunnington Lions 6-1.

An own goal put them ahead and Matthew Lock’s superb free-kick doubled the lead.

Dunnington hit back but Will Hartley headed home, Ethan Oakes scored either side of half-time and Lucas Croft sealed victory. Hard-working Hartley and Oakes - who gave his best performance of the season - were the men of the match.

Heslerton U11s snatched a point through a late Tom Horsley goal in a 1-1 draw at Ayton, who had worked tirelessly to keep them at bay. Having earlier taken the lead from a breakaway, Ayton created three more good chances, only to be repelled by man-of-the-match Will Maud.

Thrown on to rescue the game, Horsley crashed the ball home after good work from David Hebron, and then skimmed the bar in the final attack of the game.

Tireless midfielder George Heap was man of the match in an enthusiastic Heslerton U10s side’s victory at Scarborough Sports Athletic.

Hessy dominated the first half, with striker Riki Green and midfielder Charlie Richardson scoring before Scarborough pulled one back.

Second half saw the visitors continuing to play well with strong defence and fine saves from Ben Peckitt. Midfielder Hayden Williamson impressed and his through balls resulted in Richardson and Green completing hat-tricks.

Heslerton U9s fell to two counter-attack goals at Cayton Corinthians, either side of a Brandon McCann goal.

Oliver Botterill, who set up that strike was Heslerton’s match-winner in the second game.

Cayton went two up goals up but McCann (2) and Botterill turned things round. Cayton equalised but Botterill won it late on. Oliver Barnett starred.

Charlie Swiers’ two goals weren’t enough to bring Heslerton U8s victory at Scholes Park, who went clear in the second half despite Tommy Palmer’s man-of-the-match efforts.

The second game was a thriller. Swiers, Mat Moss (2) and Palmer brought Heslerton back from four down and, while Park retook the lead late on, Heslerton keeper Rio Howden poked home a corner with the last kick of the game to claim a draw. Man of the match was Myles Johnson.

Heslerton U7s put in a fine display in a narrow loss to FC Seamer, with Warren Stanton, Malachey Kendrew and Oscar Webb all going close, while man-of-the-match Taylor Barber made a string of fine saves.

The second game, in which Oliver Dade and Stanton starred, went the same way.

 THOMAS COCKERILL equalised with a long-range free-kick as 10-man Old Malton Under-14s drew 2-2 at Rufforth in the York Minor League.

Malt dominated early on despite being a man down, with Jake Wiles scoring a superb individual goal.

They were temporarily reduced to nine due to Tom Jenkins’ injury, and Rufforth equalised just before the break.

With Jenkins back on, Old Malton again dominated, but went behind against the run of play.

Old Malton were unfortunate not to follow Cockerill’s goal with a winner - Cockerill striking the bar straight from a corner kick Kirkbymoorside U14s enjoyed a whopping 11-0 win at Heworth.

James Farrow (3), Dan Ward (2), Oliver Magson (2), Jack Edwards (2), Adam Eustace and Ben Teasdale shared the plunder.

Old Malton Blues U13s beat Wigginton 4-0. Defenders Will Thomas and Aziz Kirr and keeper Joe Barker impressed early on before Malton stepped up their game.

Patryk Jadczuk put them in front with a well-taken goal and Will Scholefield’s fine cross was finished off nicely by Joe Matique.

Zak Thompson went in goal after the break and made a fine save on the stretch before Barker teamed up well with Matique for a shot goal which deflected in.

Lysander Jones’ form saw Wigginton struggle to get forward and a goal from Lewis Pople sealed the win.

Brooklyn U12 Girls beat Copmanthorpe 3-0 - and the win would have been bigger but for the Cop keeper.

Brooklyn found it hard to break through a resilient defence but five minutes before half-time Katie Robinson’s cross deceived the keeper and found the net. Excellent passing football soon saw a second goal, Emily Carrol scoring on her debut, and the best move of the game saw Florence Pegrum finish well for three. It was a great team performance after a six-week lay-off, with Katie Robinson the player of the match.