TERRINGTON Glory clinched promotion from York Minister Engineering League division two on Monday night when coming from behind to beat Heworth – thanks to a late spot-kick.

Table-toppers Terrington fell behind to a Danny Hall goal, to boost Heworth’s own promotion hopes, but Alex Yates levelled.

Danny Bulmer was then given the chance to secure Glory’s promotion to division one with a penalty three minutes from time, and he duly converted the spot-kick to begin the celebrations.

Second-placed Amotherby & Swinton, the only team now able to top Terrington, took the lead at Heslington on Monday night with a long-range effort from Matty Bean.

But Andy Gray ensured Heslington – another side with promotion hopes – a share of the points.

A&S have endured some stuttering form recently, with only one win in four games going into the weekend’s matches, but they saw off Crayke on Saturday with a 3-0 away win.

John Dunning, Matty Bean and Alan Goforth were the marksmen.

Old Malton St Mary’s saw what it takes to top the premier division table as they lost 5-2 to champions elect Dringhouses on Saturday and 2-0 to Dunnington – the only side able to nick the title – on Monday.

Saturday’s scoreline flattered the hosts, who snatched two late strikes to seal victory – their first league defeat of St Mary’s since 2007.

Old Malton goalkeeper Andy Slaughter made an early block, before Bryde Freer sent Scott Preston in on goal at the other end, only for Freer’s lob over the ’keeper to drop over the bar.

Old Malton were soon punished when a cheap corner was headed home by the unmarked Craig McShane.

A clash of heads between Callum Scott and Freer then left Malt to battle on with nine men until both players were patched up. When back to full strength, Malt missed two glorious chances as both Preston and Jon Newton headed over with the goal gaping.

Dringhouses doubled their lead on the counter attack through Mitch Carter, and only a superb save from Slaughter denied Danny Gray another goal.

Preston was denied by the home stopper from close range after half-time, and he later wasted another chance with a poor header.

Punishment came with a third home goal through Liam Stilgoe.

Simon Cooke cut the deficit when firing home from the spot after Dean Nuttall was dragged down from behind, and St Mary’s continued to press.

Preston brought out another class save, before the hosts were awarded a controversial penalty after a harsh decision against Cooke, Gray scoring.

Newton quickly fired home at the other end but Dringhouses broke for Mike Byram to score with the last kick of the game.

Old Malton’s run of five home games to finish off the season began with Monday’s loss, when Matty Wain and Tom Richards were Dunnington’s goalscorers. It continues at home to Kartiers tonight (Wednesday).

Dringhouses, meanwhile, failed to get the point they needed to secure the crown that night when losing to Copmanthorpe, but have another chance tonight (Wednesday), away to York St John.

Old Malton Reserves fell out of the Reserve Cup with a 3-0 second round defeat to reserve ‘A’ rivals Huntington Rovers Reserves, but Amotherby & swinton Reserves progressed with an emphatic 6-2 win over reserve ‘B’ foes Wilberfoss.

Mike Lindsay capped a man-of-the-match performance with a goal and A&S’s other strikes came from Andy Phillips (2), Matt Shipley, Dan Biggins and an own goal.

In reserve ‘C’, Malton & Norton beat Poppleton United 5-1 to strengthen their promotion chances.

Murray Coyle and Jamie Lawrence bagged doubles, with Martin Stone, Tony Liard and Liam Morrison also on target.

M&N now need nine points from five games to clinch promotion, starting with tonight’s (Wednesday’s) home match against Fulford.