WOMBLETON Wanderers gained revenge on Rosedale as they built on a 3-0 half-time lead to lift the Scarborough Junior Cup at Pickering’s Mill Lane.

The sides had met in the final of the Gordon Harrison Memorial Trophy just a few weeks prior, but it was Wombleton who prevailed this time around.

A Luke McLaren free-kick was followed by two superb finishes from top-scorer Dave Thompson as the Wanderers held a comfortable lead at the break.

Keelan Simpson extended that advantage to four before being carried from the field with a broken ankle, somewhat upsetting their rhythm and allowing Rosedale back into the game.

They duly hit back via a 20-minute Dan Turnbull hat-trick, but it was not enough to even up the tie.

There was also glory for Goldsborough, as they claimed the Panasonic Division Two Cup, prevailing 5-4 on penalties after a goalless draw against Goal Sports.

Gazette & Herald: Kirkdale United.Kirkdale United.

Kirkdale United have their own cup final to look forward to tomorrow evening as they take on Edgehill FC in the Scarborough Harbour Cup at Scarborough's Flamingo Land Stadium.

Snainton struck first in the sides’ semi final, before Kirkdale grabbed an equaliser through Euan Sturgeon with quarter of an hour remaining.

The tie was ultimately settled via a penalty shootout, Rob Galtrey proving Kirkdale’s hero with a fantastic save before he scored the decisive spot-kick.

Amotherby & Swinton finished their newitts.com Beckett League Division One campaign in style with a 5-2 home rout of The Valley.

Josh Towse’s penalty gave the hosts an early lead before George Pierson and Matthew Bean put them three goals to the good.

Valley replied just before the break, a Taylor Plant free-kick catching Nick Lock unaware, before Ronan Ohanaran was handed a far-post tap-in.

But Amotherby responded through Pierson’s stunning 35-yard volley before Adam Stockwell wrapped up the scoring after a strong save from Kyle Assanowicz.

Goal Sports emphatically sealed their promotion from Division Two with an 8-1 thrashing of visitors Ryedale.

Josh Brown, Kieran Grzesiowski and Lewis Hunter all bagged braces, with Dragos Dragan and Brad Cawkwell completing the rout.

Brody Norton-Hunter scored Ryedale’s only reply on a disappointing midweek evening away from home.

Goldsborough narrowly edged their own nine-goal thriller at Amotherby & Swinton Reserves.

A first-half brace from the hosts’ Nathan Cross was enough to peg back goals from Andy Martin and Mitch Tuby in an action-packed first half that saw the sides locked at two apiece.

Goldsborough came out of the blocks well after the break, with Martin completing his hat-trick and Tuby his double, but despite substitutes Assanowicz and Kallum Leogue scoring five minutes apart, the hosts could not find the all-important equaliser.

The Valley claimed a comeback 3-1 victory at Thornton le Dale, with the hosts failing to recover after making a bright start.

Captain Jack Connely fired Dale in front after 11 minutes, but despite playing some of their best football of the season, the hosts were dealt a hammer blow just before the half-hour, Kieran Edmund unable to keep out the ball as it was hooked goalwards from 35 yards.

The hosts continued to threaten, but found themselves behind on the stroke of half-time as Valley went route one, rolling the ball into the back of an empty net after Edmund had raced out of his box and failed to intercept.

Valley had another goal ruled out for offside but did eventually put the game to bed in the 68th minute.

Ryedale suffered their second defeat of the week, going down 5-3 at home to Lealholm Reserves.

The visitors started well, but despite going two goals ahead early on, a Jack Vincent brace and Luke Dixon strike saw the scoreline turned on its head.

But with an hour gone, Lealholm then began to turn the screw, putting the result beyond doubt.