WINTRY weather and wet pitches meant that only two league games were played in the Beckett Football League in what would prove to be the last weekend of action before an enforced break amid the third national lockdown.

The severe weather prevented Sleights from travelling to Kirkbymoorside Reserves in the first division.

Gillamoor were also prevented from making the journey to Westover Wasps because six players could not travel over the North Yorkshire Moors.

In division one, Sherburn edged past Snainton 2-1 in a keenly-contested local derby.

Sherburn took a second-minute lead when Jack Pinder dribbled his way past three men before crossing the ball to debutant Matty Turnbull who slotted the ball home from six yards out.

However, within a minute, Snainton were level when player/manager Neil Fryirs scored with a superbly struck 30-yard shot into the top left hand corner of the home goal.

White the remainder of the first half saw very few chances, the game livened up on the hour mark when Snainton were reduced to ten men.

Nicky Simpson was deemed offside from a cross and he was sent off for comments made to the referee afterwards.

Within a minute, Sherburn broke clear and Pinder scored with a superb left-foot strike to put his side ahead.

Sherburn were also a man down when substitute Paul Mills was shown a red card for a bad foul.

Late on, Sherburn’s Adam Spaven went close with two very good efforts but couldn't add to the lead.

Pinder, who grabbed a brace, won the man of the match award, while midfielder Rafal Jackow won the Snainton award.

In division two, local rivals Heslerton and Rillington Rovers fought out a thrilling 3-3 draw.

Rillington opened the scoring against the run of play midway through the first half when Will Hodgson’s pass found Martin Crick with his back to goal, before the frontman turned and nestled the ball into the bottom corner.

Heslerton responded with a close range finish by Gareth Driver, but Rillington hit back again through Crick, who be bundled the ball home from a corner.

Heslerton's leading marksman Morgan Kendrew then levelled with a fine goal - firing an unstoppable effort in off the far post.

The hosts began to dominate after half-time, playing some fine passing football at the top end of the pitch, but it would be Rillington that went ahead once more. For the third time scoring from a free kick, Jack Batty converted from long-range.

After several goal bound attempts were blocked by Rillington, the ball fell to Kendrew, who calmly finished through a crowded six yard box to square things up once more.

Rillington almost snatched maximum points late on, but a Jack Sawdon penalty went well over the crossbar, leaving the honours even at the final whistle.

The man of the match winners were Morgan Kendrew (Heslerton) and two goal hero Martin Crick (Rillington).

Elsewhere, in the Scarborough FA Junior Cup second round, only two games from the eight cup ties survived the weather.

Seamer Sports Reserves entertained Whitby Fishermen Academy with the visitors worthy 4-2 away winners thanks to goals from Adam Warrilow (2), Josh Linsley and an own goal. The Fishermen's man of the match was Kobie Boocock.

Edgehill Reserves won the five-goal thriller against Ayton 3-2, the latter being guilty of missing several good chances.

Edgehill took the lead through 17-year-old Jake Reeves' fine goal, before team-mate James Moor missed a penalty before half-time.

Moor made amends by double his side's lead after half-time but Ayton stormed back with two quick goals scored by Danny Collins to level matters.

The game was heading for a penalty shoot-out but Jack Reeves set-up Josh Fergus to score the winning goal for Edgehill with a simple two yard tap-in.

The man of the match winners were Alexander Hamilton (Ayton) playing in the centre of midfield while Damien Robinson won the Edgehill award for a dominant performance in the centre of his defence and clearing two goalbound efforts off the goal line.