ROSEDALE lead the way in division one of the Beckett League after a 2-0 win at home to Snainton Reserves.

The first half was fairly even and remained goalless but the move of the game after 50 minutes saw Rosedale take the lead.

Keeper Barry Wheldon, left-back Billy Sullivan and centre back Aidan Taylor were involved early in the move and Taylor crossfield pass to Paul Allsopp was headed the ball on for Ben Thompson to score with an angled 10-yard shot.

Then, 15 minutes from time, Sullivan supplied a superb throughball to Josh Hopley, who squared the ball to Thompson for his second, a close range tap-in.

Man of the match for Rosedale was Hopley.

Kirkbymoorside Reserves are second after a 2-0 home win against local rivals Sinnington.

The Moorsiders won thanks to a brace of goals by the impressive Jason Brown - one in each half.

Sinnington's man of the match was Luke Preston.

Third-placed Slingsby were without a league game, while fourth-placed Sleights beat a weakened Gillamoor 9-1.

Their goals were scored by Charlie Smith (2), Joe Hugill (2), and Luke Jackson (2), Will Cork-Dove, Charlie Patterson and Marc Kipling. One of Jackson’s goals was a penalty.

Debutant Pete Taylor scored for Gillamoor in the second half.

Man of the match winners were Chris Hurworth, at right back for Sleights, and Gillamoor keeper Luke Harper.

Thornton-le-Dale were 6-1 winners at Heslerton.

Toby Dale made the breakthrough against his old side to put the visitors ahead but Heslerton fought back to make it 1-1 at the break with a good free kick from outside the box.

Luke Balderson scored a great solo goal to restore Thornton's lead and then Graham Atkinson scored with a cross-cum-shot from 35 yards out.

With Heslerton looking tired, an own goal made it 4-1.

Luke Balderson again found the net to make it 5-1 and man of the match centre back Harry Kenworthy rounded off the victory with a great half volley from inside the box.

Division two leaders Bagby and Balk remain unbeaten after a 7-3 home win over Norton United.

Bagby went 2-0 up but Norton came back with a Tom Clements 20-yard free kick and a superb Callum Ellis shot to level matters.

Bagby then scored three further goals before the interval to have a 5-2 lead.

Scott Simpson scored early in the second half for Norton with a low shot into the bottom corner.

However, Bagby added two further goals.

Their marksmen were Tom Chapman (2), Ollie Brookes (2), Dave Cocks, Sam Preston, and Finley Lawrence, his fifth in five games.

Liam Foley was Norton’s man of the match.

Ryedale Sports Club moved into second place after a 3-1 win at previously unbeaten Sherburn.

Sherburn started the better side but failed to take advantage, and Ryedale then took control.

Ryedale keeper Viktor Kovacs made a brilliant save to keep the home side out after 15 minutes and skipper Josh Barnes cleared an effort off the line.

Ryedale took the lead on the half hour mark when Chris Rhodes set up Harvey D’Alquen to score with a half volley.

Ryedale doubled their lead in the second half with a penalty by Chris Rhodes.

Paul Mills pulled a goal back for Sherburn 15 minutes from time but five minutes later D’Alquen scored again to restore his side's two-goal advantage.

Paul Mills was Sherburn’s man of the match, while the Ryedale award was won by skipper Josh Barnes.

Ayton Athletic Reserves secured their first win of the season when they beat visitors Heslerton Reserves 3-0.

Luke McNulty opened the scoring in the first half and in the second half further Ayton goals were scored by Ian Laing and Luke Dunn.

The visitors were unlucky not to score, with Morgan Kendrew and Bod Swales both going close.

Man of the match winners were Jaymaine White, for Ayton, and 16-year-old debutant Ihsan Eroglu for Heslerton.

FILEY Town Reserves were 2-1 home winners over Goldsborough in round one of the Ryedale Hospital Cup.

Goldsborough took the lead when Dom Ingham cut back superbly for Simon Taylor, who fired across the keeper into the top corner.

Filey equalised on the hour mark with a fine goal by substitute Stuart Dickens.

Chances were beginning to fall for both sides before a penalty for Filey settled the tie, Joe Gage netting after Dickens had been brought down.

Filey’s man of the match was Grant Hayden in defence.

Kirkdale United were edged out 5-4 at home to newcomers Whitby Fisherman Reserves.

Whitby took the lead with a well placed shot into the top corner by Tommy Jobling, giving keeper Josh Campbell-Carter no chance.

Kirkdale responded well and a corner from Ryan Moss was fumbled by the keeper and Rob Galtrey was waiting to head the ball home.

Kirkdale managed to break the deadlock in the second half, with Moss laying on a second for Galtrey.

Whitby levelled again through debutant Mark Swales, the former Pickering Town favourite.

Moss then netted for Kirkdale, scoring on the rebound after he had hit the crossbar.

Whitby again drew level with a penalty conceded from a hand ball in the box. Striker Joshua Linsley converted with 15 minutes on the clock.

Kirkdale then conceded late on - a header at the back post by Rhys Kipling, and that was quickly followed by a second for Kipling.

With only a couple of minutes left, Kirkdale managed another goal from Galtrey.

Moss was Kirkdale's man of the match, while Kipling won the Fishermen award for his two goals.

Gillamoor Reserves were unable to raise a team for their tie at home to Slingsby.

Club official Jimmy Blacklock said the first team were short and needed a few reserve team players.

They are still looking for new players and anyone interested can phone Jimmy on 01851 433394 or 07765 835377, or Patrick Bernstein on 07557 783458.

From Wednesday, October 2, Gillamoor will start weekly training sessions at Malton Sports Centre on the all-weather pitch from 7.30pm to 8.30pm.