ACOMB and Driffield Town will be promoted from the Hunters York & District Senior Cricket League premier division - with Driffield needing one more point from a possible 30 to confirm the title.

An unbeaten half-century from Sheriff Hutton Bridge skipper Jack Hugill (57no) denied Acomb victory at The Green.

The visitors’ last wicket pair evaded Chris Aplin (3-39) and Darcy O’Connor (4-39) to secure their side a share of the points the innings closing on 145-9 in reply to the home side's 189.

Michael Smith (3-40) had given the visitors the upper hand early in the contest but it was Avish Patel’s spell of 5-7 in six overs, including both Stuart Boyle (48) and Darcy O’Connor (35), that limited the usually free scoring hosts.

Driffield's Nick Hardgrave smashed 78 off only 23 balls against Easingwold, including 14 boundaries, seven of them maximums.

That overshadowed Alec Drury's 127 as the visitors recorded the highest total in this year’s competition of 388-7.

Hardgrave went on to take five wickets, including Stephen Piercy who top scored for the hosts with 68. Paul Skilbeck (64) matched Hardgrave’s tally of seven sixes in his 50 off 30 balls.

Ryan Waite made 44 late on before James Anson (4-41) closed out the game taking the final four wickets to fall resulting in a 141 run victory.

York will finish the season in third after they signed off with an emphatic 152 run home victory over Pickering inspired by a century from Charlie Elliot (135).

A further 58 from Alex Collins took the hosts' scoring 302-7, four of the wickets going to Kieran Bowes (4-77).

Tom Forsdike (6-51) picked up six wickets in an innings for the second time this season and Sam Backhouse took 3-32 as the visitors were dismissed for 150, the only resistance of note coming from Andy Sharman (35).

A high scoring game at Norwood Park went the way of the visitors with Malton & Old Malton chasing down the hosts' 256-5 to win by three wickets.

Daniel Foxton (64no) saw his side over the line with an unbeaten 64, Mike Linsley (58) and Tom Brough (45) among a number of batters contributing to an impressive run chase, while Matthew Saint finished as the leading wicket-taker on either side with 3-72.

Earlier Andrew Hamson had top scored for Beverley Town with 72, both Will Parker (42) and Rob Fish (45) coming close to half-centuries.

Whitkirk’s recent run of good form continued as they came out on top against Folkton & Flixton, although they were denied victory by the home side's 10th wicket pair.

Josh Watson (98) and Sam Parker (64) shared a fourth-wicket partnership of 124 after their captain Simon Webb (52) had earlier gone past 50 for the fourth time in his last six innings.

Michael O’Brien (3-63) picked up the key wicket of hosts opener Richard Malthouse (39) as part of a three wicket haul and despite eight of the top nine reaching double figures it was left to Connor Stephenson and Marley Ward to save the side from a third straight defeat.

Just 10 runs separated Studley Royal and Hull Zingari at the end of an absorbing match at Galphay Road.

A stand of 111 between Andy Fleming (51) and Dan Coad (72no) turned 32-3 into 143-4 but that apart the home side struggled as Nathan Johnson claimed figures of 5-51 and Jack Storey picked up 3-55 both sending down 14 overs.

Their efforts left the visitors chasing 193 to win, a task made harder when none of the top four reached double figures and a steady fall of wickets thereafter left them staring at defeat on 103-8.

James Phillips (65) and Callum Hellwig (23no) turned the innings around with a partnership worth 75, but once Phillips was out in the penultimate over Hellwig was left to ensure his side would not leave empty handed.