LEADERS Goole Town face an anxious wait to see if their promotion hopes will be realised in Hunters York & District Senior League division one.

They have led the table for almost the entire season, but they have played a game more than all their rivals and are without a game on the final day of the campaign.

A nine-wicket win over Woodhouse Grange came courtesy of a 143 second-wicket partnership between Oscar Sugden (68no) and Ashton Nottingham (74no) as the home side chased down the visitors' score of 158-9 inside 30 overs.

Matthew Ainley (54) had earlier top-scored with a half-century while three wickets from Richard Mann kept the scoring in check.

A first defeat in four weeks all but ends Grange’s chances of back-to-back promotions.

Second place has changed hands for the fourth week in a row, the latest incumbent Harrogate taking over following a four-wicket win at Clifton Park against an Alliance side who lost despite an unbeaten 78 from Simon Williams.

James Clarke (3-38) and Ben Stokes (3-45) restricted the home side to 189-9, a target the visitors overcame inside 34 overs thanks in the main to half-centuries from George Horbury (59) and Ben Bartlett (54).

Joe Kilvington (3-29) was unable to inspire his side, who remain in the bottom two and might yet finish with the wooden spoon, although with no relegation this season they are at least assured of a place in the division next season.

The same is true of Dringhouses who currently occupy the last place despite a convincing eight-wicket victory at home to Driffield Town.

The visitors fought back from 57-8 to reach 111-9, skipper John Searby the hero batting at number 10 and making an unbeaten 30.

That came after Chris Evans (3-30) and Tom Storr (3-16) had each taken three wickets.

Openers Chris Evans (43) and Gary Wilson (44) put on 98 but, despite both being dismissed by Jack Oakley (2-2), the contest was effectively over.

Hornsea halted a four match losing streak with a 77-run victory at home to Heworth.

A stand of 120 between Paul Clappinson (86) and Rich Medforth (59) provided the majority of the runs as they were bowled out for 205. Alex Bell took 4-22 and Will Rowntree 3-17.

The visitors found themselves three down inside the first five overs. The innings never really recovered and, despite a fine 72 from Guy Wilkinson, they were bowled out for 128.

Carlton Towers returned to winning ways opener Henry Bayston (91) and Tom Collins (31) setting up a five-wicket win with a second-wicket partnership worth 101 as the home side chased down Bolton Percy’s 216-7.

The visitors were also indebted to a sizeable stand for the majority of their total after four wickets from Joe Romaniw (4-29) and a couple from Collins had reduced them to 60-6.

That was before Ian Lynch (74) and Matthew Howden (57no) came to together to add 126.

Knaresborough and Welton went into their match at Aspin Lane locked together on 373 points in second and third place respectively and a tense contest ended in a draw with just 16 runs separating the sides.

The visitors lost wickets in clusters, James Windeatt top-scoring with 43 before he became one of five wickets for Tom Metcalfe (5-34), a total of 160 all out leaving the match finely poised.

In reply, Andy Ward (59) and skipper Greg Pickles (27) led the fight back after the loss of a couple of early wickets, but the home side struggled.

Keeper Rob Page finished with two catches and a brace of stumpings, three of his victims from the bowling of Ashley Page (5-20), the home side reaching 144-8 by the close.