OLD Malton St Mary's are only one point from claiming the York Minster Engineering Football League premier division title.

The Ryedale side, runner-up for the last two seasons, will be crowned champions if they avoid defeat at title rivals Church Fenton in their next fixture.

Church Fenton's defeat by Dringhouses and St Mary's triumph at Hemingbrough United means Church Fenton can now only draw level on points if they win all of their games and if Old Malton lose all of their four remaining matches.

However, Fenton also need to overturn a goal difference of 72 in the process.

Dringhouses collected a 3-0 win at Church Fenton, with Liam Robertson, Matthew Mulhearn and Chris Banks inflicting the damage.

St Mary's were 4-1 winners over Hemingbrough, who remain four points adrift of safety with six games remaining.

Osbaldwick's recent fight to stay in the premier division finally came to an end, a 5-2 loss at Thorpe United condemning them to division one football next season.

Edward Wileman (2), Paul Moran, Luke Crowther and Michael Braithwaite fired Thorpe to their success.

Copmanthorpe pulled another point clear of the drop thanks to a Mark Feathers strike which earned them a 1-1 draw at home to Kirkbymoorside.

David Wilkinson made the scoresheet for the visitors.

Tadcaster Magnets are not yet out of the relegation fight, and a 6-1 defeat at F1 Racing did nothing to improve their position.

Magnets started brightly, taking the lead in the first minute, but F1's Mike Flinders levelled shortly afterwards.

In the second period F1 began to pull away with three more goals from Flinders and an Adam Tiffany brace.

F1's Adam Wilson saved a penalty to deny Magnets a second goal.

With division one leaders Pocklington Town out of action, the second and third placed teams clashed as the premier division promotion race approaches the business end.

After a goalless first half, Rawcliffe took the lead at Easingwold Town via an Adam Wilson penalty.

They held the lead until the 75th minute when Alex Fenwick hit a howitzer of a strike from 30 yards.

Tom Rushworth then headed a winner for Town in the dying minutes as they moved four points clear of their rivals with three games to play.

Tockwith took full advantage of Rawcliffe's slip-up, defeating Harrison Signs 2-0 to move to within two points of third place.

Malton & Norton's 3-1 win at Bishopthorpe United was a virtual six-pointer in a division where the relegation places are still wide-open.

Stamford Bridge are almost certain of promotion following their 5-0 victory over Cawood, a result that leaves them three points clear of The Beagle with a superior goal difference and only one game left for both teams.

The likelihood is that Bridge will go up, possibly joined by Malt Shovel, the only realistic remaining threat to their title hopes.

To finish top, Shovel would need to win all of their 12 remaining games - and they are due to face Stamford Bridge this weekend.

Declan Richardson (2), Adam Harrison (2) and Danny Gray fired Bridge to success in the Cawood game.

Malt Shovel kept themselves in the hunt with a 1-0 success at Rufforth United, while Wilberfoss defeated Clifford 3-1.

Heslington continue to lead the way in division three and remain five points clear following a 5-0 demolition of Swinton.

Russ Carr bagged a hat-trick, with Danny Mairs and Alex Clark also netting.

Helperby remain favourites for the title and have six games in hand to bridge the gap.

A 6-0 victory over Selby Olympia did no harm for their cause, with Ryan Foster (2), Mark Jackson, Stanley Wood, James Mannion and Daniel Spink all scoring to boost their goal difference.

A last minute bullet header from Ollie Watkins gave Crayke United the points as they came back to defeat Fulford United 3-2.

Matty Sutcliffe and Josh Powell had given Fulford the advantage earlier in the game before late goals from Andy Haigh and Tom Hilling set up Watkins' grandstand finish.