EMERGENCY services were on the scene at an electric vehicle on fire in a North Yorkshire village today (August 5).

Crews from Stokesley, along with an appliance from Cleveland Fire Service, were called to the scene in Seamer at 10.41am.

A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said the fire caused 100% damage to the vehicle and was believed to have been caused by an electrical fault.

The spokesperson for the service said: “Crews extinguished the fire and monitored the batteries to ensure the fire was fully extinguished.

“Crews used 2 sets of breathing apparatus a hose reel jet, a thermal imaging camera and small tools.”