EMERGENCY services attended a house fire in a Ryedale village.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said that crews from Pickering, Helmsley and Malton attended the incident caused by embers from an AGA. 

It happened at Great Edstone, near Kirkbymoorside, at around 7.52am yesterday (Tuesday). 

A spokesperson said: “Crews attended a fire in a residential property that appeared to have happened over night.

“It is believed embers from an aga had caught on to items which had then burned through the night causing soot to gather in the room.

“One person was removed from the property by firefighters and first aid was provided by fire crews until the arrival of ambulance and air ambulance crews.

“Crews used water to extinguish the aga, breathing apparatus, thermal imaging camera, first aid equipment and lighting.”