TWO crews from Malton attended a shed fire at 3.43am this morning (Wednesday).

The 6ft by 8ft wooden shed, which was used as a workshop, was in the rear garden of a domestic property in Parliament Street, Norton.

A spokesperson for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: "This resulted in 100% fire, heat and smoke damage to the whole of the shed and contents.

"The fire spread to two attached brick built outbuildings resulting in fire damage to contents of both these buildings.

"Fire and heat damage was caused the to a lean-to conservatory and smoke damage to interior of the conservatory.


"Radiated heat damage also to the rear windows of the property of origin and the domestic properties on either side.

"Crews used two hose reel jets, two breathing apparatus, triple extension ladder, nine metre ladder, thermal imaging cameras, lighting and small tools. The cause is believed the be an electrical fault. The incident remains open for a revisit later today."