A BUSY night for fire services in Ryedale saw them called out to a washing machine on fire and two chimney fire incidents.

The first callout came from Eastgate in Pickering at around 5pm.

Fire crews from the Pickering station responded to the reports of a fire in a washing machine inside commercial premises.

Though the fire was out on arrival, the crews used thermal imaging cameras to check for hotspots.

The cause of fire was believed to be an electrical fault.

At 8.30pm, a Sherburn fire crew attended a chimney fire in domestic premises on the High Street in West Heslerton.

The fire was extinguished using chimney rods, ladders and a hose reel.

Then at 9pm, a report of another chimney fire came from a house on Main Street in Hovingham.

A Helmsley fire crew attended, and extinguished the fire using hose reel and chimney rods.

Both chimney fires were caused by an accumulation of soot.