A WOMAN suffered smoke inhalation after a house fire in Broughton yesterday.

Firefighters from Malton and Pickering attended the house fire in Moor Lane, at 1.54pm.

The crews arrived to find a stone building which had smoke coming from it.

Using breathing apparatus, the crews identified a microwave that had been on fire in the kitchen. The crews ventilated the property by opening windows.

A spokesman for North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue said: "The female occupant who was out of the property on arrival of the crews and was suffering from smoke inhalation. After oxygen treatment from the crews, she was feeling well again."