OLD Malton St Mary's York Minster Engineering Football League premier division title celebrations were put on hold after rivals Riccall United hammered Wigginton Grasshoppers.

St Mary's saw off lowly St Clement's 4-1 to stay in the driving seat but Riccall's 6-2 win - avenging defeat to Wigginton Grasshoppers in the York FA Saturday Senior Cup semi-final - means they can still catch up.

Saints are top on 65 points with one game remaining - against second-placed Huntington Rovers on April 19 - when victory would guarantee they regain the crown they last won two years ago and add it to their maiden North Riding FA Saturday Senior Cup triumph.

Rovers have three games left but are 10 points adrift so can no longer overhaul the leaders.

Before then, Riccall go to Copmanthorpe when anything but three points would ensure the title goes to Ryedale regardless.

Riccall have four games to go and, being 11 points in arrears, need to win them all and hope St Mary's slip up.

Saints' victory of St Clement's on Saturday came courtesy of goals by Steve Baxter, Damon Cox and Marcus Godsell (2).

Meanwhile, Brooklyn, fourth in division one, completed their league fixtures with a 4-4 draw at promoted Church Fenton White Horse.

It was a sluggish end-of-season affair but full of goals.

Brooklyn went ahead after Ryan Boyd's long ball was flicked on by the diving Kristian Wilkinson into the path of Andrew Philips, who lashed the ball across the keeper and in. But the hosts levelled with a controversial penalty - Brooklyn claimed a dive.

The second half brought more of the same. A poor pitch meant Brooklyn failed to play their neat and tidy football but they retook the lead through Philips, following a superb through ball from Max Fraser.

Fraser soon scored himself, after Mathew Webster's drilled ball was flicked over the advancing goalkeeper, but some sloppy play from the visitors allowed Church Fenton to score three goals in quick succession.

Brooklyn equalised late on through a Andrew Metcalfe penalty.

The man of the match was Kevin Oxendale.

Brooklyn are still in the hunt for silverware but must beat division one winners Tadcaster Magnets to be sure of progressing from the group stage.

Division four champions Kirkbymoorside beat LNER Builders 3-0, meaning they are only 90 minutes from going through the entire league campaign unbeaten. Veteran Alex Strickland and man-of-the-match Jack Dowson were among the goals.

Reserve 'C' champions Brooklyn reserves won 3-1 at Hemingborough reserves in their penultimate outing.

The champions won convincingly on the road at Hemingborough with goals from Danny Foxton, Tom Everitt and Cam Swift.

Danny Foxton's bullet header from a Cristian Ardissonne corner gave them a half-time lead.

Steven Boyd chipped the ball to Tom Everitt to head high into the net for the second goal, before the hosts halved the deficit from a goalmouth scramble. Brooklyn dominated, with Liam Rapp the man of the match in defence, and sealed victory with a right-foot volley from Cameron Swift, set up by Callum Smith.