OLD Malton St Mary’s moved another step closer to the York Minster Engineering League premier division title with a derby victory over Terrington Glory.

The league leaders were made to work hard for the victory, with only a Steve Baxter goal separating the sides after the 90 minutes.

Old Malton’s challengers were not in the mood to relinquish their title hopes, though, with Huntington Rovers beating Easingwold Town 4-0 and Riccall United seeing off Dringhouses 6-2.

Saints, the new North Riding Saturday Senior Cup winners, have two games left and if they win them both they cannot be caught. They are also eyeing Senior League Cup success too.

Ryedale neighours Brooklyn, who are also in the quarter-finals of the Senior Cup, enjoyed another come-from-behind win in division one.

After last week’s spirited fightback in the Supplementary Cup, Brooklyn were the better team from the off against Total Sports United but, after wasting a few opportunities, they fell behind to a Luke Buckingham goal.

Nevertheless, the visitors continued their dominance and soon drew level through Andrew Philips.

The second half was much like the first, with more Brooklyn pressure, only this time it was reflected on the scoreboard.

They took the lead after goalkeeper Andrew Slaughter's long ball found Philips, who coolly lobbed the opposing keeper from the edge of the area.

Sean Walker rounded off the scoring with a well-taken effort that curled in off the crossbar.

The man of the match was Chris Seager.

Brooklyn, sure of fourth place in the table, end their league campaign against Church Fenton next week. Church Fenton need only to avoid an 11-goal defeat to secure promotion.

Old Malton St Mary's reserves' future in the reserve 'A' division remains in the balance after they were thumped 6-1 by third-placed Wigginton.

Dale Holding put Hoppers ahead inside the first minute before Michael Clancy doubled the lead from the penalty spot. Danny Lamb added a third, Josh Hutchinson hammered the fourth into the roof of the net and Tom Derbyshire made it five on the stroke of half-time.

A more evenly balanced second half saw Dean Leadill find the net for the home side before Mick Watson came off the bench to complete the scoring from the spot.

In reserve 'B', mid-table Malton & Norton ended their campaign with a 4-2 loss to Bishopthorpe.

M&N's goals came from Jim Leach and captain Nige Allen on his final appearance for the club.

Matty Bean and Bradley Spink netted for reserve 'C' winners Brooklyn reserves as they defeated bottom club Strensall 2-1.

Hosts Strensall also had a player sent off for dissent but the champions, with a much-changed formation, had to battle hard for the points.

Bean gave them a great start by tucking the ball away from close range after good play by Jim Baxter and Callum Smith.

Strensall were then reduced to 10 men yet they managed to equalise on the stroke of half-time with a spectacular 25-yard from Tom Wood.

In the second half Brooklyn pounded the opposition's goal but lacked the necessary finesse until a moment of quality from Spink secured the win. He turned his opponent and unleashed a shot from outside the box which flew into the roof of the net.

Spink and Christian Ardisonne were Brooklyn's men of the match.