FOUR-GOAL Ryan Rivis was the star as Kirkbymoorside reserves, the new champions of the Beckett League, reached the final of the Gordon Harrison Memorial Trophy on Saturday with a 6-1 win at Rosedale.

Unlucky Rosedale had a weakened side and came up against a Moorsiders side in fine form. Kirkby took a three-goal lead before Rodale pulled a goal back through Tim Hodgson. It became 4-1 at the interval and Kirkby added two more in the second half.

Ryan Rivis scored a "true hat-trick" in the first half - his first goal with his right foot, his second with his left foot and his third with a header.

Jordon Rivis bagged the other goal with a direct free kick.

Man-of-the-match Ryan Rivis added his fourth goal early in the second half with a tap-in following a Jack Dowson corner, and John Peel hit his side's sixth with an unstoppable 25-yard left-foot shot.

Matthew Tyreman, playing in midfield, was Rosedale's man of the match.

Kirkby will play fourth-placed Union Rovers in the final.

In division one, Thornton-le-Dale made sure of a top-four position and a place in Monday's Victory Cup draw thanks to a 1-0 away win at fellow top-four contenders Bagby & Balk.

A very close, even game could have gone either way but was settled by Trayn Midgley's fine goal after 68 minutes.

This result means Bagby & Balk, to get into the top four, must win their home game with Heslerton on Saturday, hope Union Rovers lose against Ryedale Sports Club reserves, and make up an eight-goal difference in the process.

The men of the match winners were Bagby's 16-year-old Dom Rayner - for their third successive game in the centre of midfield - and Thornton's Harry Kenworthy.

Sinnington rose to second in the table with a 2-1 win at Union Rovers.

It is often close when these two sides meet and Saturday was no different.

The Sinners took the lead on the half-hour mark through Luke Clemmit and Dave Wilkinson doubled it midway through the second half with a fine header.

Union halved the deficit through Paul Holder and should have equalised in stoppage time after a dashing run down the wing and superb cross by Danny Simpson - but Ryan Cooper, with the goal at his mercy, headed wide.

Union right-back Grant Stephens and Sinnington teenager Jon Mitchell stood out.

Slingsby entertained Settrington in a vital second division clash with both sides looking for promotion to the first division - and it was the hosts who ended probably the happier.

The game finished goalless, Settrington having had the better of the first half and Slingsby the second half in which Setty keeper Viktor Kovacs made three brilliant saves to keep it level.

Slingsby now sit second, level on points with Kirkdale United and Settrington but with a better goal-difference and games in hand. Setty now need Slinsgby to slip up.

Slingsby right-back Mike Anderson and Settrington centre-back Chris Duckworth were the men of the match.