Kirkbymoorside reserves extend lead with 12-0 victory over Duncombe Park

Gazette & Herald: Kirkbymoorside reserves' 12 daze of Christmas joy Kirkbymoorside reserves' 12 daze of Christmas joy

Kirkbymoorside reserves increased their lead at the top of Beckett League first division after thrashing Duncombe Park while second-placed Union Rovers were held to a draw.

Kirkby beat struggling Duncombe 12-0, with veteran Alex Strickland leading the way with five goals.

Ryan Rivis, Jordan Rivis (2), Conner Campbell (2) and Daryl Rivis were also on the mark, while Strickland shared the man-of-the-match plaudits with Jack Dowson.

Thornton-le-Dale moved up into fifth in the league after an entertaining 2-2 home draw with Union.

Thornton almost took an early lead when Rory Lancaster’s great shot was superbly tipped over the crossbar by Union ‘keeper John Towse. As it was, Union went ahead just two minutes later.

Thornton’s experienced ‘keeper, Rob Campbell, made a good save but, from the resultant corner, Dan Simpson scored.

After 30 minutes, Harry Kenworthy, Dale’s top performer, had a great chance but again Towse saved superbly.

Thornton did equalise, though, after 36 minutes when Simon King passed to David Elliott who scored a fine goal.

On the stroke of half-time, Union regained the lead when Paul Holder beat the offside trap to score.

Thornton were on top for most of the second half. Elliott hit the bar on the hour mark, but 10 minutes from time he scored his second goal of the game to again level the scores.

Six minutes later Union hit a post, but a draw was a fair result.

Union’s men of the match were Simpson playing up front and Towse.

Ryedale Sports Club Reserves were shell shocked by visitors Heslerton’s performance, going down 4-0.

Wayne Pilmoor fired Heslerton ahead midway through the first half, minutes after Ryedale’s Matty Gardner had shot wide with the goal at his mercy. Man-of-the-match Pilmoor added a second goal on the hour mark, before Dan Blanchard came on as a substitute and scored the third goal ten minutes from time. Jack Pinder completed the scoring five minutes later.

Midfielder John Ellis shone for Ryedale.

Sinnington entertained Bagby & Balk with the game ending 1-1.

David Wilkinson put the Sinners ahead in the first half, but the visitors equalised in the second. Midfielder Paul Harland was the Sinners’ man of the match.

Gillamoor and Rosedale shared the points from a thrilling 2-2 draw.

Adam Ridley took full advantage of Gillamoor’s Christmas spirit by putting Rosedale ahead after five minutes.

Gillamoor’s Andrew Claughton saw a penalty well saved by Rosedale ‘keeper Shaun Dowson but they equalised after the interval when Claughton scored with a six-yard tap-in after good work by Danny Drake.

Nathan Blacklock then scored with an unstoppable 25-yard shot after 70 minutes to put Gills ahead, but two minutes from time Matthew Tyreman levelled with a superb header.

The men of the match were David Wilkinson on his debut at centre-half for Gillamoor, who also had an impressive debut from Ryan Diuga following his switch on Friday from Kirkbymoorside reserves, and Rosedale marksman Tyreman.


Comments are closed on this article.


About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree