Get in touch: send your photos, videos, news & views by texting YOGAZ to 80360 or send an email»
Survey focus on electrical fires
10:46am Thursday 27th September 2012 in News
A NEW survey has shown electrical fires have risen in North Yorkshire due to misuse of appliances in the home.
The research was carried out by the Electrical Safety Council, and found common fire hazards in the region included blocking the air vents on microwaves, leaving tumble driers running overnight, and overloading adaptor sockets.
Residents of North Yorkshire have been advised to protect their homes and families from similar blunders by visiting esc.org.uk/homesafety