Christmas pudding starts blaze

First published in News

A MINI Christmas pudding caught fire in the microwave of a house in Norton yesterday.

Fire crews were called to the house in Welham Road at about 4.45pm after the burning food filled the kitchen with smoke.

A woman who was in the house at the time was given oxygen but did not need hospital treatment.

North Yorkshire Fire and Rescue Service said the festive treat is believed to have been put on the wrong microwave setting.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree