Bedroom blaze at Scarborough

First published in News

 A MAN was taken to hospital with burns to his feet after an electrical heater set fire to the duvet on his bed. The incident happened in a flat on Gladstone Street in Scarborough.

The male occupant of the flat was asleep at the time, but was alerted by a smoke alarm.

North Yorkshire Fire & Rescue Service said the flames had been put out by the time officers arrived.

The the man was taken to hospital by ambulance after suffering burns to his feet.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree