CHAMPIONS Woodhouse Grange gained a couple of points over second-placed Easingwold with the best of a draw at Sewerby in the Hunters York & District Senior Cricket League premier division.

The leaders scored 227-6 batting first thanks to Mike Hattee's 81 not out and 67 from Chris Bilton.

Sewerby closed on 134-7 with Tom Chippendale the top scorer on 51, held back by veteran Nick Hadfield’s 4-32.

Batting first at Hull Zingari, Easingwold had Stephen Piercy’s 94 as the backbone to their 187-8 in 30 overs.

Zingari's Matty Scarr took 5-46.

The hosts then ran out of overs as James Postill pegged them back to 161-5.

Stamford Bridge came within a whisker of taking maximum points after scoring an all-out 182, and then having hosts Fenner at 133-9 when the game ended.

Paul Milner (53), Dom Rhodes (37) and Richard Stevens (35) led the way in the first innings, despite strong performances from ex-Stamford Bridge player Steve Sergeant (5-24) and Stephen Croft (4-43).

In reply, Fenner were held in check by two of their former players, Dom Rhodes (2-31) and Luke Robinson (2-17), despite Sergeant's 54.

Struggling Dunnington gained valuable points with the best of a draw at Studley Royal after they declared on 178-5.

Skipper Jack Bolam top-scored with an unbeaten 78. Despite Rob Nicholson’s 93 not out, Studley fell agonisingly short of the target at 172-6 in a rain affected game.

Sheriff Hutton Bridge were denied a possible victory when their innings was cut short by rain at home to York.

York were all out for 114 with Ben Harrison taking 4-9, and Jordan Grose 3-32. Rob Pinder set about chasing down the total with an unbeaten 57 off 26 balls as his side were stopped short on 81-2.

Clifton Alliance’s home game against Beverley Town was halted after 12 overs with the visitors on 43-2.

In division one, visitors Driffield got off to a flying start at Pickering, scoring 73-0 off 13 overs. Grant Halder (27) and John Robinson (43) were unbeaten as rain ensured an early finish.

Acomb took three early Bolton Percy wickets before play was abandoned after ten overs with the visitors on 12-3.

Folkton & Flixton reached 49-2 off 15.2 overs at high-flying Heworth before rain stopped play.

Goole Town’s 209-5 declared looked a good score until the game was cut short in the 21st over with visitors Malton & Old Malton on 86-3, Shaun Harland contributing 50 not out.

Earlier Oscar Sugden (53no), Ollie Ounsley (59) and Anthony Gibbins (35) had given Goole a solid platform.